Release IDA PRO Python Editor by Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Ida Pro Expert
Elite Cracker
fixed some small issues like, if import error gui would quit together with ida.
this error only accure on the ida 6.95 version.

vic4key

But it's better if it saved the previous configuration. Currently, seem it did not save and must configure again each reopen.
Bro, thanks for new feature, font-box. I like Courier New 9 more than other fonts.

---

This is my changed. It's NOT changed from the latest version. If someone like it, can download to try.
@storm shadow : Some suggestion. It's not problem ? :)

Link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtnkT48tS5mDrTpG-0qiMxXq6YQL

What's changed ?

+ Modified:
- Font: Consolas -> Courier New 9
- Event: New/Open/Save File.

+ Removed: Extended shortcuts (Just keep some basic shortcuts like New, Open, Save).

+ Added: Close(...) event.

Detail at: https://www.diffchecker.com/jqwseGKI

Thanks `Storm Shadow` so much. You made a nice IDA plugin. It's very convenient.

Bog: http://viclab.biz/

Last edited:

Storm Shadow

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Ida Pro Expert
Elite Cracker
I like your close events, asking if you wanna save open if you have modified , I could use that in future versions, very good.

I like the shortcuts to everything, maybe we users some shot cuts, and some users others, i use them all.

Not sure why you use the old style FileDialog instead of the new one.

Regarding fonts
I Thought of using Qsettings to store to. A initial file to remember last font etc configuration in future versions.
However I'm very pleased you had fun modding it also for your need, that is what open source is about. :)
In next versions I'm gonna add a python debugger any help is apriciated.

vic4key

I like your close events, asking if you wanna save open if you have modified , I could use that in future versions, very good.
I did make it to prevent losting the data during writing the code. So I like it too. Hihi.

Not sure why you use the old style FileDialog instead of the new one.
Sorry you, @storm shadow. I forgot why I changed it to the old style, but maybe the reason is sth was not convenient for me.

I Thought of using Qsettings to store to. A initial file to remember last font etc configuration in future versions.
However I'm very pleased you had fun modding it also for your need, that is what open source is about. :)
In next versions I'm gonna add a python debugger any help is apriciated.
Yes, I think so. A configuration file is better than registry or sth else. The reason is portable. I always have a portable version of IDA in my USB. Hihihi.

Thanks you so much @storm shadow. You did do everything in the best. Professional. :D

vic4key

I saw it before but the mega link is now no longer available.

The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
This could be due to the following reasons:
The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.
Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist
The file has been deleted by the user.

bruce30262

Hi all,

I've enhanced some features for the one in 7.0 ( only tested in Windows though ), including:
  • Adding a dark theme
  • Improving save file feature ( able to save file directly )
  • Enhance error messages displaying ( e.g print out the line number and the details of the error python code)
  • Able to save some custom settings ( font, theme )
  • Update the APIs to the latest version ( for autocomplete )
If you're interested, check out the github repo, more info in the README file : https://github.com/bruce30262/Python_editor

Big thanks to @storm shadow for making such an awesome IDA plugin
Also shoutout to @computerline for providing a light-weight PyQt5 build in this link, make it extremely convenient to install the plugin

Suggestions & bugs report are welcome, also feel free to fork the repo if you want to create your own IDA python editor :D

Cheers,

bruce30262