Want to Join Us ?

you'll be able to discuss, share and send private messages.

ROMs Complete TOSEC Sets - Archive.org

Discussion in 'ROMs & Games' started by VyvyanBasterd, May 2, 2013.

Share This Page

1. VyvyanBasterd

Emulator Compiler to the stars

I recently found this link and thought I would share :)
    http://archive.org/details/tosec

Nighthawk, Fitism and Gh0st like this.
  2. atreyu187

TOSEC is dead for all intents and purposes besides the Dreamcast section, it has evolved into Trurip and it is much more accurate at replicating game data. Only reason Dreamcast TOSEC is still alive is we only have one way to obtain the data and the Trurip program isn't capable of dumping the disc due to the TOC being much larger then standard CD's. All new dumps will be released under Trurip and not TOSEC, was sad when we officially killed the project but times change.

Fitism and Gh0st like this.
  3. Gh0st

Australia's finest since 1981 Admin

• Gh0st
    • Feb 5, 2013
    Thanks for that atreyu, I wasn't aware of that.. I'll go off hunting now hehe

Fitism likes this.
  4. atreyu187

No need to hunt all of our work for Trurip is on pleasuredome tracker and it is the home of the project. We are focused now on PSX, 3DO, and properly dumping Dreamcast pressed Mil-CD's like Gunlord, DUX 1.5 etc as until we had Trurip there was no way to produce an accurate image every time.

Nighthawk and Gh0st like this.
  5. Gh0st

• Gh0st
    • Feb 5, 2013
    Excellent!
    Im a member there already. Thanks for all your hard work with the project.
    As you can see there's a few retro nerds here :)

6. atreyu187

Well we just hit out 1,000th confirmed Dreamcast game this month and even got a little notice on slashdot though I am not to sure I like my name on a site like that but honestly don't think many will complain to much about me dumping 10+ year old games. The USA and Euro Dreamcast sets are now 100% and I have even gotten a few rarities like Flintstones Viva Rock Vegas, MSR Opel Challenge and more added like two new pressed Virtua Tennis BETA's.

Nighthawk and Gh0st like this.
  7. Gh0st

• Gh0st
    • Feb 5, 2013
    Very cool man, feel free to post any news about your project here.
    We are obviously a bit more lenient with what we post here so you can link to pleasuredome etc :)

atreyu187 likes this.
  8. atreyu187

Will do, I have recently ripped two new Dreamcast games for the project that released this month. DUX 1.5 and Sturmwind as well. We have completed a lot of sets and even more on the way. We have even found out how to load DVDR disc on a unmodded Xbox. The tool we use when ripped just burn and it will work on a normal stock Xbox. I am surprised no one found this out years ago as it is simple. Make your xISO with the default xbe with no media flags patched then set IMGBurn to DV-ROM booktype settings and burn your disc. Once done insert into a stock system and enjoy your games.

Nighthawk, Fitism and Gh0st like this.
  9. Fitism

This is sweet ;) thanks

10. IguanaC64

Not really dead...at least the Commodore section is still going. I just submitted a bunch of new .Tap dat files.

11. atreyu187

Sorry should have been more particular, TOSEC-ISO is dead not TOSEC itself. Only portion of TOSEC-ISO that is left is Dreamcast. The rest have all been replaced by Trurip.

Nighthawk likes this.