you'll be able to discuss, share and send private messages.
Discussion in 'Plugins' started by storm shadow, Feb 8, 2013.
anybody alive or all are heaving some fun on vacations
i had to work all summer so i have vacation in two weeks.
I cant wait
looks like summer is over... was your vacations cool?
Sorry for the delay, I should check the site more often.
That's good info. Didn't know there was a hard limit of 2048 characters for these names.
The problem is IDA string limits are normally 1024 due to the way the internal DB system works.
One could structure things to use multiples of these blocks of course to hold larger strings but they probably wouldn't be viewable in an IDA chooser() window.
At any rate I don't really think it's worth the effort. In the IDBs that I work and test with this problem rarely shows up, and usually not one of interest.
Part of the problem might be where a simple class when epanded in binary form ends up being a very large string.
For example the simple code that startes as "std::string::swap(class std::string &)" gets expanded to:
"std::basic_string<char, struct std::char_traits<char>, class std::allocator<char>>::swap(class std::basic_string<char, struct std::char_traits<char>, class std::allocator<char>> &)"
There is a plug-in made by "zyantific" to ease this problem (and where I got this example from):
Chances are the ones that your are running into are one of these type.
His plug-in will not help with ClassInformer as it is, his code would have to be added to a point where either the names are stored or before they are displayed (allowing one to switch).
Also some other kind of filtering might work, like filtering out arument types when they are too long, etc., and prehaps only keeping the base type name(s).
I have no current plans for adding any of these features.
You're more than welcome to make a fork and work out your own solution:
ClassInformer v2.4 R2 has been updated Thanks for awesome work Sirmabus (y). The attach file is my build for IDA 6.8.
Great news! thanks a lot
Could you please share the steps how you built the binary?
2) I've seen these days a repo ClassInformer_Modified @github
I see it has lots of improvements into CI.
Could you please review and import it into the main branch of CI?
Because the main repo is build with Qt5 (and all library is rebuild with QT5), it's very hard to downgrate to Qt4, so I compared the main repo with my current local repo and manual modify it :3. I attached the code use Qt4, could be build with VS2013, IDASDK 6.8, QT 4.8.6 (with QT namespace)
The repo IDA_ClassInformer_Modified has lots of change, I'll try my best
Thanks for making and posting a 6.8 version
I'll have to study it. I'm not so interested adding constructor/destructor support although people have asked for that. Also people ask for some kind of automatic member function naming.
There was a white paper once where it claimed they do full class reconstruction years ago but I doubt it.
Also some scripts from Halvar Flake that are supposed to recover as least partial class higherarcy.
I think it will take a serious code analyzer to get right. For class reconstruction I could imagine prehaps converting the binary to LLVM or some other IR, and analizing the data figuring how big the new/allocation(s) are, sub-classes, etc.
Hello guys i try the build of classinformer for ida 6.8 and when try to load a target gives me error "Fatal error before kernel init"
I fixed it guys. For those who have the same problem and because at readme.txt doesn't mention anything. At plugins.cfg change ; Sirmabus "Class Informer" plug-in
Class-Informer IDA_ClassInformer_PlugIn.p64 Alt-2 0 instead of .plw
I always get RTTI Vftables as 0, and don't get my any output window.
I use it for IDA Pro 6.8 version
I think the plugins didn't start correctly, in case not found rtti, it still show in the output :3
Separate names with a comma.